Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Problem Drivers

Have you ever wanted to say something downright mean? Well, tonight's one of those nights where I feel the need to rip on local drivers. I don't suppose a disclaimer would soften the glaring ridicule I am about to spew forth, but yes, I am aware that not ALL drivers in this region or in this town are inadequate. This rant is intended towards the GUILTY.

Just once, could you please get in the freakin' right lane instead of hogging the left lane with your 30mph driving in a 40mph zone!!!

Ever learn about signaling your intentions? You might want to get acquainted with that little plastic piece of machinery dangling from your steering column!

Maintaing lane discipline when executing turns? Just a common practice that you must have slept through during Driver's Ed.

And no, I'm not sorry I honked at you this afternoon. I do like steak, but that kind of T-bone is not what I'm looking for, and you should never repeat that delicious maneuver. Next time it might be a drunk, or worse yet, one of the aforementioned stellar drivers we all know and love.


Now it's time to rant on the stretch of road known as 32nd Ave. This little gem of a thoroughfare is sinking slowly into the depths of hell... it's an incident of road rage just WAITING to happen.

3 comments:

WeatherGal said...

Hello, Dave. Thanks for reading my blog. Believe it or not, my rant was based upon one day's worth of commuting. However, it could be applied to numerous other commutes involving a myriad of motorists. Hope you enjoy!

WeatherGal said...

Another quickie... why would approximately 8 cars choose to stay behind one of those street sweepers when the passing lane is wide open?

Barbara said...

I've lived all over the US and often say that (with the exception being New York City after dark when the taxis take over the sidewalk as another lane of traffic...) this area of the country has some of the worst drivers... for all the reasons you mentioned among others...